Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Before We Begin...

Well, here I am: an official blogger. Only a good ten years late on that little trend. After months and months of contemplation and the encouragement of many (interpret: procrastination), I've decided to start this new journey with the written word. Why on earth people care what I have to say is beyond me, but I'm constantly giving complete editorials on numerous topics in my head so it probably is best if I get them out on paper (or screen, rather) so that I can save my poor children from my rants. They'll thank you for reading one day.

Before you jump into this relationship with me, I thought maybe I should divulge a few things to you so that you know what you're getting into:

*I won't write with a pen that doesn't have a cap. I just can't. It's like it throws my hand off balance or something. Maybe even the world. If a pen is missing a cap, it goes directly to the garbage. I'm sorry, little pen.

*I alphabetize my spices. How am I supposed to know if I have marjoram or am just imagining it? What if I buy a jar of cumin and I already had one standing at attention in my cupboard just waiting to be used? Enough said.

*I've been in President Reagan's closet and tried on his clothes when no one was looking. If you are one of my Secret Service friends, could we keep this on the DL? Thanks so much.

*When I was little, my brother would tickle me until I peed my pants. If he tickles me now, I will still pee my pants. My poor, precious children have inherited the trait.

*I heart Richard Simmons. I mean, I really, really love the guy. Once you get past all the sparkly exterior (which I love as well!), you see a guy who genuinely loves people. I just can't get enough of that. Bring on the Disco Sweat!

*I don't have all the answers. Sometimes I think I do though. Please have mercy on me in those moments.


And, there you go. I'm sure I'll spill many more things about me that you really didn't need or want to know, but for now, that'll do. Now, you tell me, what do I need to know about
you before we start this relationship?



8 comments:

  1. OMGoodness...I just love you. I too "heart" Richard Simmons, perhaps not to the extent as you but I do spend time with him almost every day. Sweatin to the Oldies is just my speed. I think it is awesome that you have decided to do the whole "blogging" deal. I too have one, but don't put as much time into it as I would like to. I much rather enjoy spending time on others blog sites. I love your candidness and think this is going to be a joy to read. God bless ya, st :P~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I just LOVE the Ronald Reagan story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally proud of you for doing this. It will bless everyone who'll read it. You made me smile and laugh outloud here at the library. (SHHHHHH)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to know that I used to bite my toenails. I haven't been flexible enough to do that in a very long time. Also, I'm constantly narrating my own life in my head, as though I were a character in a novel. I do it so maniacally that I sometimes question my sanity. That is all.

    -Jess Glass

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean really if I am gonna put your blog on my favorites list....you are gonna have to start blogging more frequently. Just sayin......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cut me some slack, brother! I was up all night with a sick kid. That's going to be one of the hazards of this gig. Ya just never know when I'm going to surprise you (or not) with a post. You'll be O.K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know me, I'm an openbook, so I think you probably know all you need to;) I also jumped on the blog-train a little late...I'm about 3 posts ahead of you and I shoot for once a week. If we could get everyone else to just slow down, we wouldn't look so bad;) Love ya girl, look forward to reading more! (Lisa Jones, btw, Idk if it will tell you that...the last comment I tried to post from this computer started out like this: "Kalem said...":D)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for this detailed post. I so wish I could have been there - your post makes me feel like I was!

    God Bless!

    Sister Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Bring it